Hybrid RANS/LES turbulence models
- Hybrid LES/RANS models: DDES, IDDES, PANS models
- Equations & Numerical Algorithm
- Best practice
The course will take place on August 29, 2019, 9:00-16:00.
Fieldview for advanced users
To be announced soon.
The course will take place on July 26, 2019, 9:00-16:00.
Pointwise for advanced users
- 3D Meshing in Pointwise
- Single grid
- Elliptic and Hyperbolic grid generation on CAD models
- Block (3D grid) modification
The course will take place on August 7-8, 2019, 9:00-16:00, 9:00-16:00.
- Arion input interface
- Grid conversion from star-cd to arion format, and setting parallelization parameters
- Setting boundary conditions
- Setting equation of state parameters
- Setting Mean-Flow & turbulent Systems
- Defining fv-uns output files
- Defining table output files
- Execution of the solver
The course will take place on July 24, 2019, 9:00-16:00.
- Primary capabilities of EPPIC:
- Controlling the display
- Creation and definition of new simulations
- Analyzing of results of any given simulation
The course will take place on July 11, 2019, 9:00-16:00.
- Input file
- Geometry definitions
- Supported topologies
- Entity types
- Chimera review
- Simulation parameters
- Boundary conditions
- Convection fluxes and Jacobians
- Time marching
- Simulation controls
- Command-line options
- Motion simulation: Introduction to 6DOF
The course will take place on July 10, 2019, 9:00-16:00.
- Theoretical background: reduce the order of the structural problem using the
- Spline types, including assessment of spline results
- Building EZAir input for an aeroelastic test case
- Special considerations for complex geometries, including collar grids
- Static and dynamic aeroelasticity modules
- Time integration types
- Case studies
The course will take place on August 1, 2019, 9:00-16:00.
CFD for managers
- Comprehensive introduction
- Review of flow equations
- Model equations
- Mesh generation methods
- Iterative and time marching schemes including stability analysis
- Solution methods for the flow equations, including flux splitting and time accurate methods
- Introduction to turbulence modeling
- Unstructured solvers
- Case studies
- Introduction to Hypersonic and Combusting Flows
- Physical Models
- Naiver-Stokes Equations
- Thermodynamic and Chemistry Models
- Mass Transport Models
- Surface Interaction Models
- Turbulence Modeling
- Turbulence-Chemistry Interaction (TCI)
- Numerical Aspects
- Finite-volume Discretization
- Numerical Stiffness
- High-order and Low-dissipation Schemes
- Carbuncle Phenomenon
- Implicit Schemes
- Code Usage
- HyPE-specific syntax
- Special directives
- Recommended usage
The course will take place on July 17-18, 2019, 9:00-16:00.
- EZOpt workflow components
- Algorithms' interface overview
- Analyzing results and post-processing
The course will take place on September 4-5, 2019, 9:00-16:00.
Introduction to turbulence modeling
- Introduction to turbulence modeling classes: DNS, LES, Hybrid LES/RANS, RANS
- RANS Equations
- Numerical Methods
The course will take place on July 31, 2019, 9:00-16:00.